Income Tax Assistance and Tax Credit Information
Get Your Prior Year Taxes Prepared for Free!
Certified volunteers prepare prior year federal and Arizona state taxes for the past four tax years (2011-2014) for low income households and individuals.
Prior Year Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Sites
What To Take With You
- Social Security card or IRS ITIN card or ITIN letter for all household members
- Picture ID for taxpayer and spouse
- Proof of all income, including W-2 and 1099 forms
- Name, address, and tax ID# of child care provider
- Amount of money paid to child care provider last year
- Account and routing numbers for direct deposit
- Copy of last year's tax return (if available)
- If married filing jointly, both adults must be present to sign the required forms
- Forms 1095-A, B or C (Affordable Health Care Statements)*
*If you had 2014 health coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace:
If anyone in your household enrolled in a health plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace in 2014, you’ll get a new Form 1095-A — Health Insurance Marketplace Statement. You'll get it in the mail by early February. Use it to file your 2014 federal income tax return.
If you had health coverage from another source, like a job, Medicare, Medicaid, or a plan you bought outside the Marketplace:
- You’ll report this simply by checking a box on your federal income tax form
- You won’t have to fill out any additional tax forms
- You won’t get a Form 1095-A
Resources Throughout Arizona
Other Helpful Links
Updated January 6, 2015
© Community Information and Referral Services
Community Information and Referral Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations will be made upon request.